can't open GDB file

I wanted to reinstall my Garmin software yesterday. So I did. For some reason, if I click on a GDB files (track file) it doesn't want to open with Mapsource. Now I right click on file to do the "Open With" thing and Mapsource doesn't come up on the recommended list. I go find it in c:\Mapsource and select the Mapsource.exe file and it like I clicked on nothing.

Any PC wizards know WTH is going on??

When I open Mapsource and use the open foler, I go and select the file I want and it works. It's annoying as hell. I just wanna go to my tracks folder and double click on the file.

I just tried reinstalling everyting again and still same thing ARRRRGGGG

I wanted to reinstall my Garmin software yesterday. So I did. For some reason, if I click on a GDB files (track file) it doesn't want to open with Mapsource. Now I right click on file to do the "Open With" thing and Mapsource doesn't come up on the recommended list. I go find it in c:\Mapsource and select the Mapsource.exe file and it like I clicked on nothing.

Any PC wizards know WTH is going on??

I don't know what caused Mapsource to disappear from the "open with" dialog, but that is likely the source of the problem. Since it doesn't show up as a possibility, the association between the .gdb extension and the mapsource executable cannot stay mapped.

You may have to uninstall/reinstall unless Garmin has a better idea. A registry correcting untility might be able to fix the problem. I use TuneUp Utilities on my one remaining WinDoze box (all the rest are linux variants).

If mapsource is working;

Open mapsource

Files

Open

select the folder and file and it should open

If mapsource does not open you might have some register keys remaining from deleted Garmin items

Be sure what you're doing, else your whole computer might be messed up.

The files are at

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GARMIN\Mapsource

Edited by splashy