GPS app can't log in now that I upgraded to premium

Chief.Illiniwek

I was using GCzII on my ATT Fuse cell phone with no problems. It worked well to download new caches to find while running around. I figured I should upgrad my geocaching.com account to a Premium account. I now get errors saying my account/PW is not correct. I get the same issue for the WAP login when using BasicGPS. I think this is just a problem with these 2 apps, I am able to log in via a browser both on my phone and PC.

Anyone have any ideas why this is?

As others have said, that particular app violates the Groundspeak TOU. It is not permitted to even mention its name on these forums, even when discussing its TOU-violating status.

Most likely Groundspeak is actively checking for accesses from said app and blocking them.

Speaking of TOU violating and programs that "spider." I don't think think this program spiders at all. From the way it looks like it is operating it is simply downloading the cache page and presenting it in a form that is more palatable for a PPC user.

It would seem that considering one now has to log in to get coordinates Groundspeak can easy keep track if anyone who attempts a mass download--so that is handled. The second consideration is they could offer a machine-readable, very light weight page that provides the whole cache page for smaller devices. Like the iPhone app these apps could cache a number of page for a certain amount of time. It would reduce the load on the servers to that below a normal web user.

I'm sure Groundspeak is making a little bit of money on the iPhone app, but I don't own an iPhone. Why should the rest of us shut out on easy on-the-fly caching?