Pocket Query Attributes Issues

stoo

When building pocket queries, I notice that:

o If you select "attributes to exclude" but do not select "attributes to include"

then the attributes to exclude are not saved.

o Example: Select only "exclude ticks". When I save the query and return to it, the ticks attribute is no longer selected.

o If I select exclude ticks and "include kid friendly" the problem goes away - both selections are saved.

Confusing :)

Edited by stoo

[quote If you select "attributes to exclude" but do not select "attributes to include"

I'm trying Pocket Queries for the first time. The "Include/Exclude Attribute" is baffling to me, but your post is already a big help. I feel completely clueless at the moment, since the first Query gave me the first 500 of everything (didn't seem to filter any), and the second one gave me caches starting 26 miles away.

How do you select an "Exclude" icon? The icons can be cycled to one of three states: grayed-out, black, and red-circle-with-a-line-through-it. I'm guessing it's red-circle. "Include" has only gray or black, and my first guess was I select black to "Include" an item.

I'm also wondering if caches without "attributes" are not filtered (are they ignored, or are they included by default)? I think I can only run 5 Pocket Queries a day, so experimentation is limited.

It appears that Pocket Queries have more options than a "Search" has. But I imagined more features -- like sorting by cache size or by date. Do you use extra software to sort the files?

I can provide some further color. Some of the attributes have 3 states and some only have 2.

An example of a 3-state would be the Bicycles attribute.

Selecting this icon means that bikes are allowed. The version with the red slash through it means

that bikes are NOT allowed. The 3rd state is Not Related - which means the icon is not selected at all.

A 2-state attribute would be "Boat". Selecting the icon means a boat is required. Leaving it off means that it is not related.

There are separate sections in the pocket query form for Include and Exclude.

Using the "Include" section of the PQ form, I could:

o Include caches where Bikes are allowed by turning the attribute black

o Include caches that explicitly DO NOT allow bikes by using the icon with the red slash through it

Using the "Exclude" section of the form I could:

o Exclude caches where bikes are allowed

o Exclude caches where bikes are explicitly not allowed

Edited by stoo

When building pocket queries, I notice that:

o If you select "attributes to exclude" but do not select "attributes to include"

o Example: Select only "exclude ticks". When I save the query and return to it, the ticks attribute is no longer selected.

o If I select exclude ticks and "include kid friendly" the problem goes away - both selections are saved.

Confusing B)

Thanks to forum and your message, i know now why when i tempt to filter out cache lasting more than 1h (selecting red bar on hourglass in exclude pane) i get the number of cache back when submitting, but it is not recorded. But your explanation is not true, excluded attribute seems to be never recorded in the query!

I tried include parking, exclude more than 1hour, it works at submitting, but when going back to list and re-entering the query, only the include is retained. I will start a new subject coz i don't know how to report such a bug. Could you help me?