Mapwel and the PN-40?

Is there a plugin that will allow Mapwel to recognize a PN-40? Before buying my unit I thought you could use Mapwel to upload imagery of your choice to the PN-40, but now that I've downloaded the trial version I see in the Help contents a list of Garmin units that Mapwel supports, and nothing else.

Hopefully there's a way to do this....

I've got loads of current 2008 public imagery that I want to use on my PN-40. It's referenced and ready to go, in MrSID and GeoTIFF formats. I just need a way to get it onto the PN-40.

Thanks for your help.

Is there a plugin that will allow Mapwel to recognize a PN-40? Before buying my unit I thought you could use Mapwel to upload imagery of your choice to the PN-40, but now that I've downloaded the trial version I see in the Help contents a list of Garmin units that Mapwel supports, and nothing else.

Hopefully there's a way to do this....

I've got loads of current 2008 public imagery that I want to use on my PN-40. It's referenced and ready to go, in MrSID and GeoTIFF formats. I just need a way to get it onto the PN-40.

Thanks for your help.

As far as I know, the only way to load your own imagery (not downloaded through delorme) is to use Delorme's Xmap. Owners of PN-XX can contact Delorme directly and get it at the reduced price of $100.

Post this on the Delorme forums as well. There are some experts over there that may have a better answer for you.

As far as I know, the only way to load your own imagery (not downloaded through delorme) is to use Delorme's Xmap. Owners of PN-XX can contact Delorme directly and get it at the reduced price of $100.

Post this on the Delorme forums as well. There are some experts over there that may have a better answer for you.

I'm hoping there's a 'backdoor' way to do this, or if not, maybe there will be soon. I've looked at XMap and it will definitely get the job done, but for $200 (or even $100 since I've got a PN-40) I'd like to learn what else it can do before I buy it. For example, it will display ESRI shapefiles, but I'm not sure it can edit them.

I did post a sister thread in DeLorme's forums. Thanks for the feedback.