Oregon 300 Newbie Questions

I've been playing with my new Oregon for a few months now. I hope someone can help me with some easy questions that I can't seem to find answers for ....

1. How do I delete all the caches that I've entered?

2. How do I do multicaches on the Oregon? I'm not sure how to go about to add in points two and three. I'm bringnig my old gps and my new gps and the dog, my hands are full LOL, help would be much appreciated :)

Websited that might describe how to create pocket caches ... I currently add one geocache at a time to my Oregon - sigh - and would love to learn how to add a whole group at one time!!!

Thanks so much in advance for all the help and advice -

Michele, still an Oregon newbie

I've been playing with my new Oregon for a few months now. I hope someone can help me with some easy questions that I can't seem to find answers for ....

1. How do I delete all the caches that I've entered?

2. How do I do multicaches on the Oregon? I'm not sure how to go about to add in points two and three. I'm bringnig my old gps and my new gps and the dog, my hands are full LOL, help would be much appreciated :)

Websited that might describe how to create pocket caches ... I currently add one geocache at a time to my Oregon - sigh - and would love to learn how to add a whole group at one time!!!

Thanks so much in advance for all the help and advice -

Michele, still an Oregon newbie

If you connect you unit to the USB cable and look into the \\garmin\gpx folder that is where all the caches that you loaded went to. Just delete them, then reboot the thing and they'll be gone.

As for the multi caches, you probably just have to create a waypoint on the fly...

You might want to check out Scott's site. It's a great resource for the Oregon.

http://garminoregon.wikispaces.com/message/list/home

Read this as well:

http://www.markwell.us/geofaq.htm

That will keep you busy...

Have fun.

Sam

> 1. How do I delete all the caches that I've entered?

Normally get to a waypoint or cache page, hit whatever menu function you have and hit delete. Many garmins will let you pick a given icon (cache, found cache) or all.

> 2. How do I do multicaches on the Oregon? I'm not sure how to go about to add in points two and three. I

Either enter new points and edit them to match the coords, or edit the original.

> Websited that might describe how to create pocket caches ...

The "build a pocket query" on your account page is where you do it. The logic might take a bit of thought but it's all laid out there.

fratermus probably doesn't have experience with the Oregon series because this series does not have a menu option to delete gpx files. You have to do it manually like SamSpade47 said. When you connect the oregon to the computer it will show up as a drive. Navigate to that drive, then Garmin, then GPX and delete the gpx files.

For #2, you can't create a geocache with the unit and you can't modify the coordinates form a geocache on the unit. What you can do is convert the geocache to a waypoint and then use the waypoint manager to edit it. When you view the listing of a geocache, there is a flag itcon at the bottom. Pressing that will save the geocache as a waypoint. Then you can use the Waypoint Manager to modify the coordinates.

Hope this helps,

JetSkier

fratermus probably doesn't have experience with the Oregon series because this series does not have a menu option to delete gpx files. You have to do it manually like SamSpade47 said. When you connect the oregon to the computer it will show up as a drive. Navigate to that drive, then Garmin, then GPX and delete the gpx files.

For #2, you can't create a geocache with the unit and you can't modify the coordinates form a geocache on the unit. What you can do is convert the geocache to a waypoint and then use the waypoint manager to edit it. When you view the listing of a geocache, there is a flag itcon at the bottom. Pressing that will save the geocache as a waypoint. Then you can use the Waypoint Manager to modify the coordinates.

Hope this helps,

JetSkier

Yes, this is the correct information for the Oregon. Geocaches on the Oregon are not the same as waypoints. Waypoints can be created, edited and deleted on the Oregon. Geocaches can only be transferred from a computer as a .gpx file and cannot be edited or deleted on the Oregon.

If you are using good logic in your pocket queries, then you may not need to delete geocaches on the Oregon.

Edited by Niterider4

Thanks for the correction. Glad someone chimed in.