Inputting co-ordinates

Hi i own a garmin e-trex venture HC and when trying to solve a mystery geo cache i got the co-ordinates for the last cache,it was for example W 078. 984 N 342 784, i dont know how to enter these co-ordinates into mt GPS,can anybody help me?.

Go gentle on me im new to the game,thanks in advance.

Hi i own a garmin e-trex venture HC and when trying to solve a mystery geo cache i got the co-ordinates for the last cache,it was for example W 078. 984 N 342 784, i dont know how to enter these co-ordinates into mt GPS,can anybody help me?.

Not too familiar with that unit. But my Garmin 60 CSX has a button to "mark" the waypoint and then manually enter using arrow.

Check out of there is the "mark" button. Good luck with your puzzle!

Go to the main menu and click on "Mark" This will display your present location.

Scroll to the coordinates window and click on them.

This will open a numeric pad on the screen. By using the numbers and left and right arrow keys enter the coordinates for the next stage then click on OK. This will create a Waypoint with a number for a name such as 001. Go the main menu and click on find then Geocaches or Waypoints and find the Waypoint you just created. Hope this helps :D

Edited by Walkworthy

Go to the main menu and click on "Mark" This will display your present location.

Scroll to the coordinates window and click on them.

This will open a numeric pad on the screen. By using the numbers and left and right arrow keys enter the coordinates for the next stage then click on OK. This will create a Waypoint with a number for a name such as 001. Go the main menu and click on find the Geocahes or Waypoints and find the Waypoint you just created. Hope this helps :D