New Cache Page - Background image?

DaysJourney

I'm trying to add a background image to my new cache, before it is published. The only field I see is

"Background Image URL: Optional field. This will change the background image on the web page to the location you define."

I tried adding a complete url to this field, and nothing happens. I found instructions elsewhere on this forum, for adding a background image by uploading an image to the gallery, and then taking that url and pasting it into the html-enabled description. This works, on my existing cache page, but for a brand new listing, I am not able to upload an image to the gallery.

Can anyone help me? Thanks!

DaysJourney

I'm trying to add a background image to my new cache, before it is published. The only field I see is

"Background Image URL: Optional field. This will change the background image on the web page to the location you define."

I tried adding a complete url to this field, and nothing happens. I found instructions elsewhere on this forum, for adding a background image by uploading an image to the gallery, and then taking that url and pasting it into the html-enabled description. This works, on my existing cache page, but for a brand new listing, I am not able to upload an image to the gallery.

Can anyone help me? Thanks!

DaysJourney

Its possibly a url that doesn't allow hotlinking. Try saving the image and putting it on a photosharing site and then hotlink it.

I found instructions elsewhere on this forum, for adding a background image by uploading an image to the gallery, and then taking that url and pasting it into the html-enabled description. This works, on my existing cache page, but for a brand new listing, I am not able to upload an image to the gallery.

Will this work?

1) Create listing without background, mark it inactive.

2) Upload image

3) Edit listing to add background image, using image uploaded in (2), mark it as active.

The background image doesn't add much. When I started hiding I tried it once and was disappointed. I removed it right away.

It only appears behind the large white/grayish cache page with the dark header. It ends up only being visible as a narrow area between the border of the actual cache page and the edge of the browser page. People are going to be looking at the cache page itself and not out at the edge, IMO.

Here's a local cache listed with a background image:

lafoow.jpg

It doesn't add much.