Simple City Navigator NT DVD question

JBnW

Seems like I should already know this, but can’t find any reference to it. A little bird has told me I’m getting a City Navigator NT DVD for Father’s Day. My question, is the DVD locked to a single computer? I’m trying to decide if I should load it on the desktop or the laptop (which would be traveling with us whenever we would use the routing features). Or am I making up stuff to worry about? Thanks in advance, and Cheers!

Seems like I should already know this, but can’t find any reference to it. A little bird has told me I’m getting a City Navigator NT DVD for Father’s Day. My question, is the DVD locked to a single computer? I’m trying to decide if I should load it on the desktop or the laptop (which would be traveling with us whenever we would use the routing features). Or am I making up stuff to worry about? Thanks in advance, and Cheers!

My copy of City Navigator North America NT 2009 is currently installed on both my desktop PC and my laptop. As far as I'm aware, the maps can be installed on as many PCs as you want to install them on. The maps ARE locked to either one or two GPS units, depending on which version you have and when you bought it.

--Larry

My copy of City Navigator North America NT 2009 is currently installed on both my desktop PC and my laptop. As far as I'm aware, the maps can be installed on as many PCs as you want to install them on. The maps ARE locked to either one or two GPS units, depending on which version you have and when you bought it.

--Larry

Oops, I might be wrong here. According to the 2009 EULA, which I just dug up and read:

2. YOU MAY:

(a) install and use one copy of the Software on a single computer or network for personal use of the Software in accordance with this License Agreement. This copy is to be used by only a single user at a time. If you wish to use the Software for more users, you will need an additional license for each user.

Looks like my second copy may be in violation after all.

I also just looked at the EULA for the 2008 edition. the 2008 EULA states that you may "c) use a copy of the Product on a home or portable computer if that copy is never loaded at the same time it is loaded on your primary computer." That language has been removed for 2009. That was friendly of them. :)

--Larry

Edited by larryc43230

--Larry

Oops, I might be wrong here. According to the 2009 EULA, which I just dug up and read:

2. YOU MAY:

(a) install and use one copy of the Software on a single computer or network for personal use of the Software in accordance with this License Agreement. This copy is to be used by only a single user at a time. If you wish to use the Software for more users, you will need an additional license for each user.

Looks like my second copy may be in violation after all.

I also just looked at the EULA for the 2008 edition. the 2008 EULA states that you may "c) use a copy of the Product on a home or portable computer if that copy is never loaded at the same time it is loaded on your primary computer." That language has been removed for 2009. That was friendly of them. :)

--Larry

If you are only using one computer at a time, you're not in violation.

Also:

This copy is to be used by only a single user at a time

If you're the only user, you're not in violation.

If you're the only user, you're not in violation.

Personally, I hope you're right, but you seem to be ignoring the part about "(a) install and use one copy of the Software...."

From my reading of it, that means it can be installed on only one machine at a time. Then again, I'm not a lawyer, and wouldn't want to be one.

--Larry