Oregon 300 and track downloads to Mapsource etc

Hi All,

I got myself a new Oregon 300 with Topo Australia maps yesterday and have been most impressed with it. I do however have a bit of an issue with downloading Geocaches and saved tracks to Mapsource, EasyGps or GSAK.

When I do a receive from the GPS , the waypoints and current track will download. No Geocaches or saved tracks will transfer.

If I mark a Geocache as a waypoint, not a GC on the Oregon it will transfer.

If I go through My Computer to the Oregon and in to the GPX folder, I can drag the loaded Geocaches and saved track across, or open them through EasyGPS via the the open folder in EasyGPS, Mapsource etc.

I was under the impression that these would transfer automatically without having to go the the trouble of importing/opening or am I wrong?

Nearly all the Geocaches were loaded by the "Upload to GPS" function on Geocaching.com

Interface is set to Garmin Spanner. Tried the other interface settings with no joy. There are no comms errors when I connect the unit to any of these programs.

Mapsource version is 6.15.6. Webupdater shows the Oregon firmware is the latest. OS is XP Pro SP3

It may just be a setting somewhere but I can't find it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Cheers,

Dale