Publishing Problem

ruderat

I have created a cartridge that works fine when I publish to my machine and load it to my oregon, but when I publish to the site, download it, then drag it to the oregon crashes on the second zone. Same code, different publishing/loading methods. Any thoughts?

I have created a cartridge that works fine when I publish to my machine and load it to my oregon, but when I publish to the site, download it, then drag it to the oregon crashes on the second zone. Same code, different publishing/loading methods. Any thoughts?

In theory you should have two byte-for-byte identical GWC files, although possibly with a few bytes difference for the date. Maybe one of the publishing steps goes through the Web service and the other goes through the compiler in the builder (which I suspect - with no proof - is not as good, or as a minimum, gives different results).

I presume that the upload to the site is more likely to use the Web service. What happens if you compile the cache yourself with that (http://www.Wherigo.com/cartridge/compile.aspx) and load it into the Oregon?