TB2HPYG can't log as RETRIEVED

TheRedArmy

i removed this item but marked it as DISCOVERED. i have since moved it to antoher cache, but it won't let me mark it as RETRIEVED from the original cache now.

it says "NO MATCH" when i put in the item number. but if i search for that number, the item comes up.

any ideas?

Edited by brucered

You need to use the tracking number on the tag. Contact the bug owner if you don't have it.

i put that number in, i copied and pasted it, but it won't recognize it when i try to mark it as RETRIEVED, but i can search by that number and see the item.

is it a different number than on the webpage:

Owner: Niji Mahkwa1

Released: Thursday, March 26, 2009

Origin: Manitoba, Canada

Use TB2HPYG to reference this item.

i have emailed him to ask as well.

Edited by brucered

From another thread.

The reference number is the public number (will NOT allow you to log a discover, grab or retrieve log) Feel free to post the reference number in your log or forum post.

The tag number (or tracking number) is the private number (secret number that allows you to log a discover, grab or retrieve log) Never post the tag number online or show the number in a posted picture.

From another thread.

The reference number is the public number (will NOT allow you to log a discover, grab or retrieve log) Feel free to post the reference number in your log or forum post.

The tag number (or tracking number) is the private number (secret number that allows you to log a discover, grab or retrieve log) Never post the tag number online or show the number in a posted picture.

thanks, i emailed the original owner and someone else as well to see if they can give me the number.

oops, i kinda screwed this one up didn't i. owe well, it's now in another cache, so hopefully someone finds it, removes it and marks it accordingly, if i don't get the number by then.

i guess i could always run back and get the number, it's close to me.

From another thread.

all good. i ran back and got the number and logged it properly.

sorry for the confusion.