Help . . Advice on a missing TB

The Always

:laughing: Help I need some advice. . . We released our TB into the wild about a month ago. Later that same day a newbie visited the cache & they made no mention of the TB. The next person to visit the cache (an experienced cacher) mentioned that there was no sign of the TB in the cache. These are the only 2 people to have visited the cache.

Here's the question. . . Do I email the newbie to see if they picked up the TB not realising what it was, do I mark it as missing, do I go back to the cache to see if infact it is still there and the experienced cacher missed it or do I do all ???

How out of order is it to email the newbie ?

Any suggestions would be gratefully recieved

Many thanks

The Always

Sure you can email them. Just politely ask them if they happened to pick it up or happened to see it. There may have been another person who visited the cache who hasn't logged online.

If the newbie hasn't seen it you may want to check the cache and look at the log book. Once it's been MIA for about 30 days then you'll want to mark it as missing.

Also, you don't want to post photos showing the tracking number of your bugs. You can smudge it out of the photo using Microsoft Paint.

Good Luck!

Edited by BlueDeuce

Sure you can email them. Just politely ask them if they happened to pick it up or happened to see it. There may have been another person who visited the cache who hasn't logged online.

If the newbie hasn't seen it you may want to check the cache and look at the log book. Once it's been MIA for about 30 days then you'll want to mark it as missing.

Also, you don't want to post photos showing the tracking number of your bugs. You can smudge it out of the photo using Microsoft Paint.

Good Luck!

Thanks, have emailed the newbie and am waiting for a reply. I've taken your advice & edited my images to conceal the tracking numbers.

If it doesn't turn up I'll release the copy tag & keep my fingers crossed!!!

Thanks again for your advice

If the bug is just missing from a cache you should wait a good long while before re-releasing it. You don't want the thing it show up one day and then you are left with two bugs in circulation.

If the cache had been destroyed and the bug confirmed lost then you could release a copy immediately.

MIA? You should wait at least a year.

Yep.

We released our first TB (in honor of our grandsons) and it too seems to be missing. The cache was logged about a week after we placed it. Another Geocacher logged his visit about 3 weeks later and reported finding no TB in the cache. We will go check it in the next few days. Hopefully the Geocacher who took the TB will log it soon. We have no intention of releasing the TB copy. This TB destinations were to the hometowns of our grandsons, one in Florida and one in Pennsylvania.

We released our first TB (in honor of our grandsons) and it too seems to be missing. The cache was logged about a week after we placed it. Another Geocacher logged his visit about 3 weeks later and reported finding no TB in the cache. We will go check it in the next few days. Hopefully the Geocacher who took the TB will log it soon. We have no intention of releasing the TB copy. This TB destinations were to the hometowns of our grandsons, one in Florida and one in Pennsylvania.