Whats in a name? In this case the cartridge name

a_snail

Hi all

I've been looking at mboensch cartridge who had a problem with messagebox's buttons not working correctly. See original post: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...p;#entry3892915 for more details.

I eventually tracked it down to the name of the cartridge. The name he used was:

A_Tour_of_Frankenmuth

but doing a search and replace and changing it to

ATourOfFrankenmuth

fixed the problems.

I'm guessing _ is a special character although in most languages _ is often used to represent space characters. I was wondering if anyone else had come across this and knew what other characters to avoid, or should all names (cartridge, zone, variable, etc) all be named using only A to Z and a to z characters.

I should also comment that doing a search and replace in the lua file for the obvious

cartA_Tour_of_Frankenmuth

changing it to

cartATourOfFrankenmuth

is not a good plan because of the line

cartA_Tour_of_Frankenmuth.Name="A_Tour_of_Frankenmuth"

If you forget that line, things get even worse :anicute:

I'm guessing _ is a special character although in most languages _ is often used to represent space characters. I was wondering if anyone else had come across this and knew what other characters to avoid, or should all names (cartridge, zone, variable, etc) all be named using only A to Z and a to z characters.

In Lua, an underscore _ can be used anywhere a letter can be. If anything special is happening with it, it's a bug in the builder.