travel bug help

PonyPeeps

Click here:

HOW TO LOG A TRAVEL BUG OR GEOCOIN

and here:

Knowledgebase » Geocaching » Trackable Items

Travel Bug FAQ

Please let me know if the issue is that you are trying to release your own TB.

I have found and relocated a coin I went to the right page with the right trackable ref and it says it does not exist. If i type search by tracking numbers it comes up.. how do i log this coin as retrieved and replaced if the number is not accepted?

While we are on the subject of travel bugs and geocoins, I was wondering if any sporting goods retailers may carry them such as Dunham's, Dick's, Gander Mountain, etc.

I know there is a list here, but none of them are retailers in my area.

I would like to purchase them in person instead of ordering them online if I can help it, but I will order online f I have no other option.

Edited by todd300

I have found and relocated a coin I went to the right page with the right trackable ref and it says it does not exist. If i type search by tracking numbers it comes up.. how do i log this coin as retrieved and replaced if the number is not accepted?

If you can pull it up by searching then you might be using the reference number. Is it the same number that shows on the upper left hand corner of the coin page?

While we are on the subject of travel bugs and geocoins, I was wondering if any sporting goods retailers may carry them such as Dunham's, Dick's, Gander Mountain, etc.

I know there is a list here, but none of them are retailers in my area.

I would like to purchase them in person instead of ordering them online if I can help it, but I will order online f I have no other option.

I'm not aware of retail stores selling TB tags.

Often I'll join up with other locals who only want to purchase one or two tags. Then we can all split the shipping costs. Or if I'm placing a big order they can just add theirs into mine.