Help with co-ordinate conversion for uploading

TinkyTinks

I've set my own caches and am now trying to upload. All is well until I type in the co-ordinates. My co-ordinates are N51 26'36.81 W2 33'17.92

Google Earth confirms this is the correct place in Bristol so I know the co-ordinates are OK, it also converts it into other types such as:

N51.445915 W-2.547820

I've tried to input them onto the submission form for my cache, but each time I try the location shows as being in the Atlantic Ocean....!!!!!!

I've tried with and without the minus sign as it is saying that the longitude is wrong.

I've got 5 caches ready to upload so would really appreciate some urgent help!!!

Many thanks

TinkyTinks :unsure:

There are different ways to make coordinates. Decimal like 98.123423 degrees. Then you have the minutes and seconds deal, like 78Degrees 45' 45''. I know I'm probably making mistakes and these might not be real coordinates, but gps which I assume is what this site uses goes on a degree minute system something like 33Degrees 45.4344 minutes.

I think this site has a good converter.

http://www.sanidumps.com/gpscoords.php