Trouble with Dowloading Geocache to Legend Hcx

ricknjo

I started this new hobby last year. The last month or so I haven't been able to download the Geocaches directly to my Etrex Legend Hcx. I was initally able to download directly to the GPS via the USB cable, however, now I keep getting errors. It has led me to Garmin.com to download the latest plugins, which Ihave done, but it continues to cycle through the same errors.

Has anyone had similar problems or ideas on how to troubleshoot?

Thanks in advance.

Rick-n-Jo

You need to be a Premium Member. It's been changed. If you have it now as a Basic Member, it's a glitch and will be "fixed" soon.

Here's what OpinoNate (a Groundspeak Lackey) posted in another thread (linked below).

(OpinioNate @ Feb 27 2009, 05:24 PM) *

Two things happening here.

1. Send to GPS is a Premium Member feature. It was never meant to be available to Basic Members but that was overlooked and supposed to have been restricted in the last release. Somehow the change was reversed but is scheduled to be fixed [again].

2. Send to GPS is not currently working in IE6. This is also scheduled to be fixed.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=215285

I started this new hobby last year. The last month or so I haven't been able to download the Geocaches directly to my Etrex Legend Hcx.

Use your MyGarmin account on Garmin's web site. You don't need to be a member of Geocaching.com to use your MyGarmin account to download caches from Geocaching.com. If you don't have a MyGarmin account, it's probably worthwhile to set one up even just for this purpose. You just need to own at least one Garmin product. It's probably also worthwhile registering your Legend and any Garmin maps you have while you're there.

...ken...

:unsure: I am really sad that my Garmin ETrex legend cannot download from the website anymore, after a supposed "update" from Garmin. It has always worked PERFECTLY. I am a premium member.

What browser are you using? IE6 hasn't worked since the update. IE7 and Firefox work fine.