On a Vacation Road Trip

picnic42

Peggy and I are about to take a trip to New England... thru the Finger Lakes & the Adirondacks of New York then thru Vermont and then to Mt Washington in New Hampshire.... and finally visit our daughter & grand kids in Somerset Ma.

I have looked al thru the Lake Placid region for geo caches... wow there are tons of really good ones :rolleyes:

And I am about to do some research into the Mt Washington NH.

However... I paid to be a premium member so I could put in my trip and geo cache on the way. (which was noted that this can be done)

I have yet to find anything like that.... where do I locate the area that we can map our trip and have the geo caches indicated on the roads we travel ( or in the nearby areas as we go)?

BTW... we are having a great time with this newfound activity

Ralph & Peggy

(Picnic for two)

picnic42

Go to your account detail page. On the right side, under Premium Features click on Build Pocket Queries. There is some information of the page. You need to play around with them a while.

At the top of the pocket queries page ,on the right, click on Find Caches Along a route. You will find fairly detailed instruction about this at the bottom of the page.

For much more details (for this and a lot of other stuff) try Markwell's site

Go to Markwell's updates to FAQs and you will find a section about Pocket Queries and Caches along a route that has lots of good detailed "how to" instructions.

Geocacher U also has a section about pocket queries with detailed examples of what to do.

Google "Caches along a route" and you will get some links.

Have a fine trip.