Messed up logging of a TB

deb3day

I was checking on a TB that I'd left in a local cache. The last log on the TB's site is my log leaving it in the cache. It doesn't show in that cache anymore, so I searched. A visiter after me logged that he'd taken a TB. Since I know the one I'd left was the only one there, it had to be that one. But he posted no log to the TB, so how did it get out of the cache? Then I looked again at the TB and saw that it showed a cache name where it supposed to be now. Since it's not close, I can't go check. How could it have gotten to that other cache without any logs on the TB's page?

Thanks.

It looks like this person has done several caches since picking up the bug and probably dropped it into the wrong cache listing. It has been my experience that people unfamiliar with correcting TB logging usually try deleting logs to undo a Drop.

If you still have the tracking number you might want to send the guy an email.

Edited by BlueDeuce

Thanks.

It looks like this person has done several caches since picking up a bug and probably dropped the bug into the wrong cache. It has been my experience that people unfamiliar with correcting TB logging usually try deleting logs to undo a Drop.

If you still have the tracking number you might want to send the guy an email.

Unfortunately I don't keep tracking number of bugs picked up and dropped. While I don't do it, I understand deleting logs if you drop a TB and forgot to do it on your original log to the cache. But why would you delete the logs on the TB page? I didn't even know you could do that.