Realtime Access

Hi everyone!

I have a Palm treo that does not have a GPS and is not supported by geocache navigator from what I can see.

I have a data plan and would love to use the palm to do paperless caching, finding caches, viewing hits notes maps, logging finds. I am willing to enter coords by hand, though I think there is a way to connect my GPS to the treo.

I tried just viewing geocaching.com, but it doesn't show up very well, not sized for the palms tiny screen.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi everyone!

I have a Palm treo that does not have a GPS and is not supported by geocache navigator from what I can see.

I have a data plan and would love to use the palm to do paperless caching, finding caches, viewing hits notes maps, logging finds. I am willing to enter coords by hand, though I think there is a way to connect my GPS to the treo.

I tried just viewing geocaching.com, but it doesn't show up very well, not sized for the palms tiny screen.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

http://wap.geocaching.com

This site gives you all the basics and is easy to read on cell-phone screens.

http://www.bcaching.com/

This site promises more functionality but I haven't ried it yet.

Edited by Triple Crown

The WAP page of geocaching looks like just what I needed. Speedy load too with just the plain text.

The bcaching sounds ok, but since you have to upload pocket queries to the site before you can use them, its not as much "on the fly" as using the WAP site.

I think this one is great for planned paperless caching, while the WAP site is great for a last minute already in the filed cache find.

Thanks for the pointers!

...The bcaching sounds ok, but since you have to upload pocket queries to the site before you can use them, its not as much "on the fly" as using the WAP site...

Actually, on bcaching you get a personalized email address and can set up geocaching to send daily pocket query updates for whatever areas you're interested in. It just requires the initial manual setup.