Interesting geocaches

Groleau

With so much knowlege out there in the cyberspace, I'm looking for some interesting geocache ideas. Do you know of any very cool caches you have seen or found? One cacher in my area hid caches in each intersection of long lat lines in the state of Maine... I think that is pretty nice. Can you help me? Thanks... Groleau

My best advice is to use your own imagination to make up a theme for your cache or series of caches. Try to think of something that would be funny and fun to search for and find. One of the best cache series I've found recently is the "Krazy Koala" series. The cache owner made up a story then placed about 6 caches with clues for finding the final cache. Let your imagination go nuts and live out your fantasies but keep it PG please! Happy trails.

Edited by Ed56

My best advice is to use your own imagination to make up a theme for your cache or series of caches. Try to think of something that would be funny and fun to search for and find. One of the best cache series I've found recently is the "Krazy Koala" series. The cache owner made up a story then placed about 6 caches with clues for finding the final cache. Let your imagination go nuts and live out your fantasies but keep it PG please! Happy trails.

Someone in orem, utah put out a series like that near Center St. Thanks. gwf :)

Someone near here put out a series called hunting the bear or something like that. It is about six caches that each have part of the story in the cache description. It is a story of native americans hunting a bear that is causing trouble. Every story has clues to find the cache. Each cache has a part of a necklace in it. The first cache has the string and one bead. Each cache has parts of the necklace, the last one being the bear claw (fake of course) for the center of the necklace. The owner stocks the caches with the necklace parts regularly.

A lot of effort went into these and they are quite well done. Very unique.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...92-f863661a1222

GC1ABPD is the first cache.

I also love history caches. There is a cache near a historical marker in town that I never would have found without the cache.

I love any cache that points out a beautiful sight or site for that matter.

There is a cache near here that over looks a bay. It's got a sign that shows the before and after pictures of the native american's work on restoring the bay. That's a top-rate cache in my book!!