Explorist 600 won't 'nmea' with VISTA.

paul-3

I know about the VISTA 'driver' from Magellan. I download, unzip and try to update the drivers. But I get 'windows cannot find driver'. I've tried every way I can think of and no luck. GPS connects fine with an XP machine.

When connected to the VISTA laptop, I can 'run on external power', I can access my gps's sd card or internal memory, use 'easygps', mapsend to exchange caches, download tracs....etc. It's just I cannot get the data exchange to work. Therefore I cannot use it for DeLorme Topo on the road.

BTW, I'm really not new to all the hoops you've got to run through to get hardware/software to work. I first used DeLorme products with my Sport model gps. BUT I'm very eager to learn.

The instructions on updating the Vista nmea driver for the Explorsit is in their FAQ:

<https://www.magellangps.com/support/faqdetail.asp?faqid=467&prodid=1073>. Please check whether that is of help to you.

Clement

I know about the VISTA 'driver' from Magellan. I download, unzip and try to update the drivers. But I get 'windows cannot find driver'. I've tried every way I can think of and no luck. GPS connects fine with an XP machine.

When connected to the VISTA laptop, I can 'run on external power', I can access my gps's sd card or internal memory, use 'easygps', mapsend to exchange caches, download tracs....etc. It's just I cannot get the data exchange to work. Therefore I cannot use it for DeLorme Topo on the road.

BTW, I'm really not new to all the hoops you've got to run through to get hardware/software to work. I first used DeLorme products with my Sport model gps. BUT I'm very eager to learn.