Trackable coin codes..?

shawnmcbride

:antenna:

So I have been investigating making my own coins and how I would go about tracking them. I found some info regarding ordering trackable coin codes off the website and a .pdf order form but I had some questions.

Guidelines for the order form state the following:

1. Generally, Personal Geocoin codes will begin with “PC” prefix and will be named “Personal Geocoin”

2. If 50 codes or more are ordered, a custom name may be requested.

3. If 50 codes or more are ordered, a custom icon may be ordered (details below).

Codes seem to be $1.50 each and you have to buy atleast 50 of them.

So if I wanted to mint 50 of my own coins myself and I followed their guidelines I could make them trackable for $75 dollars and have a custom name correct?

Welcome to the coin forums.

Yes, you have the tracking number cost figured out but as mentioned you need to think about how much the actual coin is going to cost. They are like anything else, the more you buy, the cheaper (per piece) they will be.

For example, it may cost you $6.50/coin if you buy 250 of them, but $8.50/coin if you only buy 50 of them.

If you need pricing for the coins themselves, please check the pinned threads for a list of approved Groundspeak vendors that you can reach out to for pricing.

Thank you.

Welcome to the coin forums.

Yes, you have the tracking number cost figured out but as mentioned you need to think about how much the actual coin is going to cost. They are like anything else, the more you buy, the cheaper (per piece) they will be.

For example, it may cost you $6.50/coin if you buy 250 of them, but $8.50/coin if you only buy 50 of them.

If you need pricing for the coins themselves, please check the pinned threads for a list of approved Groundspeak vendors that you can reach out to for pricing.

Thank you.

What I mean though is, if I already had a set of 50 coins and they had the correct layout according to the coin guidelines and had the geocaching.com text on the coin could I buy just the tracking codes?

I realize I would have to have the serial numbers on each coin.

So, if I already had 50 coins produced could I make them each trackable for $1.50 each?