Colrado Editing Waypoints

I had to have the wheel on my Colorado replaced after the magnet fell off so the roller didn't work. Garmin sent me a new one, everything fine, working just like it used to.

However, I have now bought myself a Garmin GB Discoverer map for the Snowdonia National Park (thinking that as Garmin released an update for the Oregon to sort out some problems with the Discoverer series, they'd do the same with the Colrado, but they haven't- but that's another story). Using this map, I find that when I try to pan right or up, it won't work, but it does go left and down. This I think is the rocking part of the wheel letting me down, whilst the roller is working fine.

Anyway here's the thing. When I want to edit a waypoint, for example, I want N53 18.940 but I have N53.18.903.

Firstly I edit the "N" I have to select the N using the roller then press the central button on the wheel to choose it, the same for the "5" and the "3". I always thought it would be better to just move to the right if the character I wanted was already there. Anyone see what I mean?

So is this the way it is for everyone, or is it just because of my wheel being useless? The problem is, it's been like that since I bought the unit so never suspected anything was wrong, and that everyone's is the same. It's just that since I've found I can't pan in all directions that it's made me think I have been an idiot.

I need to get in touch with Garmin support about the Right and Up issue, but need to know whether to mention the editing as well.

Sorry to ramble.

Thanks

Scoff

Pushing right on the rocker, should skip right by the N, 5, 3 etc, without the need to re-enter those digits. It would seem that your rocker is not functioning properly as you have mentioned.

Thanks for the quick response. Amazing really that I assumed it was a design fault common to all Colorado's, but in reality it was fault on my unit alone.

Cheers

Scoff

I had to have the wheel on my Colorado replaced after the magnet fell off so the roller didn't work. Garmin sent me a new one, everything fine, working just like it used to.

However, I have now bought myself a Garmin GB Discoverer map for the Snowdonia National Park (thinking that as Garmin released an update for the Oregon to sort out some problems with the Discoverer series, they'd do the same with the Colrado, but they haven't- but that's another story). Using this map, I find that when I try to pan right or up, it won't work, but it does go left and down. This I think is the rocking part of the wheel letting me down, whilst the roller is working fine.

Anyway here's the thing. When I want to edit a waypoint, for example, I want N53 18.940 but I have N53.18.903.

Firstly I edit the "N" I have to select the N using the roller then press the central button on the wheel to choose it, the same for the "5" and the "3". I always thought it would be better to just move to the right if the character I wanted was already there. Anyone see what I mean?

So is this the way it is for everyone, or is it just because of my wheel being useless? The problem is, it's been like that since I bought the unit so never suspected anything was wrong, and that everyone's is the same. It's just that since I've found I can't pan in all directions that it's made me think I have been an idiot.

I need to get in touch with Garmin support about the Right and Up issue, but need to know whether to mention the editing as well.

Sorry to ramble.

Thanks

Scoff

You can get into the button test mode, by holding the center button of the roller in and powering it up. Hold both buttons down until you see a test screen. Press the button to the right of the rock-n-roller and you should see a graphic of the various buttons. Pressing each will highlight them showing their functionality.

looks like this....

105.jpg

You can get into the button test mode, by holding the center button of the roller in and powering it up. Hold both buttons down until you see a test screen. Press the button to the right of the rock-n-roller and you should see a graphic of the various buttons. Pressing each will highlight them showing their functionality.

looks like this....

105.jpg

Thanks for this. I tried it and it proved the rocker wasn't functioning properly. Garmin support asked me to send the unit back, which I did on Saturday. New (Newly Overhauled) unit arrived today and it works perfectly. At least the wheel etc does. If the accuracy etc is just the same as the old unit, which it should be unless it's a duff unit, then I'm sorted.

Thanks again for your help on this. Really appreciated.

Scoff