Need help creating new maps

kashu

I'm a newbie to creating maps and need some help to finalize my maps. I've created them with thanks to the direction of GeoBobC and EAParks in a post from a few years back. After exporting my images from GPSMapEdit I've become stumped. I created a custom folder under Garmin and transfered the new image file, CGPSmapper (all of it's components) and the Test_pv.txt file. Unfortunately The CGPSmapper doesn't create the preview. So i used the CPREVIEW program at the command line, which creates .tdb, .reg, .mdx, and a .mp file. In their instructions it mentions it producing a preview image (.img) which is included in the .reg modifications. I'm stuck and don't know what to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Cypherman just posted the following on 3-16-09 in a previous thread. What version of cgpsmapper are you using?

Hi!

MapSetToolKit 1.50 and older does not support cgpsmapper 0.98. A new version of MapSetToolKit will be

available very soon.

Thanks

Cypherman

Edited by eaparks

Thanks for your help. I will definately take a look at that link. Using GeoBobC's system I got the map into Mapsource.....but it won't let me highlight it to send to my GPS unit. Any suggestions

If it shows up in the drop-down map list in Mapsource then it should be able to be transferred to your GPS in the normal way (I.e. use Map Tool to click on map section(s), and then use Send to Device).

Try MapsetToolkit to "Check Registry" and see if there are any errors. If they are, fix them and then re-install the maps in Mapsource.

Bob

I'm currently running version 1.61 of mapset toolkit and version .98 of CGPSmapper. I can still get the maps into mapsource but it's still not letting me highlight the map for download(using the map tool icon). There are no registry errors. I'm not sure what to do. Thanks

I haven't seen that problem before - if there are no registry errors for that mapset, you obviously should be able to select your map in the dropdown maplist, and then use the Maptool to click anywhere on your map (when it should turn pink) and appear listed in the Maps panel on the left.

Have you tried zooming out far enough that your map just appears as a white box with "cGPSmapper" in one corner?

If you want to e-mail me your MP and img files (dualsport AT morphew DOT ca), and the TYP if you used one, I'll try and test it for you.

Bob