Action Stations

Many years ago I was really into aviation of all kinds, and used to go plane spotting and air shows. I also still have in my possession the 10 volume series of books entitled 'Action Stations' which listed every place that had ever been used as a military airbase regardless of its present function or condition. When on family holidays we used to visit these places, and some were really remarkable. Take Down Ampney, from where planes for the Arnhem landing set off. The village church has a stained glass window of a Dakota and a very interesting visitors book where veterans could sign their names. An added attraction is the grave of Ralph Vaughan Williams, the British composer, which is in the graveyard of the church.

I am wondering whether a caching series could be compiled of caches that are near, or focused on, such places? I am sure that there must be many already, but, for me at least, it would add a further dimension to caching. I would certainly look to placing some in my area.

Of course, such a listing might exist.

Is anyone out there interested in this idea? I would be very happy to manage a bookmark list.