Mac software

trimancan

I can't speak to that particular GPSr, but my Vista HCx works great with my Macs. I just use the USB cable and I can download individually from the actual cache page by clicking on "send to my GPS." I did have to download a plug in for it to work, but the browser pop up will direct you to a download site.

As for software, I would try both MacCaching or GeoJournal. Both will get the job done just fine.

Hopefully someone can chime in on your specific unit.

I have recently purchased a Garmia GPSmaps 76 and want to download GEOcache points but cant get my Mac to recognize the Garmin much less download any points. I am not a techno wizard so would appreciate any help.

Thanks!

I have a similar unit - yours is USB isn't it? Download a few key programs to get started on the right foot.

First get this:

Web Updater

It will make sure your GPSr is up to date with the latest software.

Then do this:

Garmin Communicator

This will make it easier to transfer cache info to your GPSMAP 76

If you have maps you want to install, you need this:

Map Install

And, for managing your cache data, I use both Garmin Road Trip and MacCaching to help organize the caches I want to find as well as transfer into my unit.

1/2 hour of tinkering away with these apps and you will be caching up a storm! <_<

Edited by geojibby

On this topic, does anyone have any good software for keeping stats on the Mac, like GSAK? I see that some people have cool stats, graphs, maps, etc. on their profile, but it seems to all be Windows based. :-(

Yes! GCStatistic works very well, although the German developer still has a little way to go in getting English lingo just right. He's come a long way since version 1.0, and I'm downloading version 1.3 Beta 3 as I type this. Have a look at my profile page and see if this is the sort of thing that you're looking for... (sorry, I don't know how to give you a direct link to it...)