eTrex Venture HC question

We bought my Wife a New Delorme PN-40 and I got the hand me down eTrex Venture HC. We were never able to get more then 49 Geocaches on the eTrex Venture HC. I went to the garmin website yesterday and it clearly states Waypoints/favorites/locations: 500

I updated the firmware yesterday, loaded up GSAK and did a Pocket Query and got 500 geocaches. Up loaded it to the eTrex Venture HC and sure enough only 49 went onto the garmin. Deleted all the Geocaches and then went to Geocaching.com and loaded them 1 at a time and still only 49.

Am I reading the description wrong or doing something wrong? Anyone else with a eTrex Venture HC have any ideas?

I was experiencing the same problem too, or so I thought. The Venture HC does hold up to 500, however, when sorting them by nearest it will only display the closest 50. I checked here on the forum and they let me know how to find all of your caches, so I'll pay it forward to you.

If you display the caches by name it will show all of the caches loaded on your unit by alpha order, not by distance. To display them by name you press the menu button while on the geocache (or waypoint) screen and select name. A screen will pop up prompting you to enter a name but just hit the X button on the side of your unit and then it will display all the caches (or waypoints).

Also, while I don't know anything about GSAK, you can download all of your caches from your unit onto the Mapsource program. It's kind of nice because it will show both found and unfound caches you have on your unit. Who knew that program was actually good for something?

Again, I can't take credit for this, all the helpful cachers here instructed me on this. As I side note, I am writing a paper for one of my college classes right now also and I keep wanting to research and do in-text citations and a References page so as to give proper credit to those who helped. <_< Once this semester is over I am going to go on a caching bender I think.