Maui - Must-do caches

TrailGators

A good friend of mine is going to Maui next week. So I told her that I would find out the best scenic spots to go to while she was there because there is almost always a geocache near these great spots. So if you know some must-do caches that mark the outstanding scenic locations in Maui, then please chime in! :laughing:

Thread update. Habu! sent me these ideas:

GC17V3M Floozie in the Jacuzzi take a bathing suit and sit in the Jacuzzi! It is about a 10 minute easy walk from parking. This was my favorite location to do some exploring around the water near the cache. Tide pools and a Hawaiian Jacuzzi!

GC1E0WM and GC11YST can be reached from the Ritz Carlton property, great views!

GCTKA3 Viking Rock great views, challenging find :anibad:

GCD7B2 and GCYDHW both are easy in Lahaina and it provides a bit of local history

If they have kids, GC18XW3 would be a fun adventure

GC8544 easy virtual, with a benchmark near by and a good place to snorkel if they have the gear

GC16T3W great spot to spot sea turtles

Driving up to Haleakala is a must also make sure to stop for GCH33F and the Earthcache GC18Z99

Edited by TrailGators

Thread update. Habu! sent me these ideas:

Small world, habu! hit some of the same GC's I signed into a week after me. That solo trip for me was incredible because I focused on hiking using GC/TC info although I had rental car and full snorkeling gear with me the entire time.

A few suggestions:

Lanilili Peak used to have a physical GC on peak close to N 20° 56.841' / W 156° 33.068', 5mi trail, 1500' with heli-views. I DNF'ed but the hike was on a wonderful trail.

Hana-Waianapanapa Trail, GCV48B Ancient Lava Fort, camping and short to longer hikes available. Great GC's in the area!

Olivine Pools, Not a GC but it should be! N 21° 00.530' / W 156° 33.383' For oceanside snorkeling and cliffside viewing.

Le Prouse Pokirocks GCVRYB, anything to get you to hike on the King's Road with oceanside trails.

Red Sand Beach, Not a GC but it should be! N 20° 45.177' / W 155° 58.896' Take the Hana Road to this beaut.

GC151F Eddie's Nakalele Blowhole Hideout

GC11G7M Maui Rocks!!!

GCZTZZ Wow! Iao!, if you're in the area.

Maui no ka oi!