Protecting a Blackberry

I use my Blackberry pretty much exclusively now for caching with a BT GPS and Cacheberry but in the Irish weather I'm concious of the potential for disaster in the rain! Anyone got any recommendations for protecting a Blackberry from the elements.

My model is a Blackberry Pearl 8100

I don't know what to tell you about rain specifically as my solution wont protect you against water but....

If you don't end up finding something that suits your needs you may want to look into an otterbox.

I've got one for my Blackberry and it protects it really well against dings dents scratches and drops. It is 3 pieces, a thin clear membrane that keeps the screen and other parts from getting scratched, a hard shell over that to protect it from impact, and a silicone skin on top to help buffer any impact/shock.

It feels very rugged and well made - though it does add a little bulk to the BB. Check them out.

I use my Blackberry pretty much exclusively now for caching with a BT GPS and Cacheberry but in the Irish weather I'm concious of the potential for disaster in the rain! Anyone got any recommendations for protecting a Blackberry from the elements.

My model is a Blackberry Pearl 8100

I've seen and have used sandwich/snack baggies for rain protection for my Pearl 8130. I can still use it for caching, but not too good for making phone calls with though! :laughing:)

I haven't seen anything specifically made for this on the market yet, but there might be something out there.

Edited by wkmccall

Yeah, I was going to recommend the use of a zip lock plastic bag too! :laughing:

I do not have a blackberry but a Nokia and I have a silicon cover on mine which is good enough in the fairly rain free climate of South Africa but I know of many mountain bikers who use sandwich bags to protect their phones while participating in races etc, and it works.

EDIT : It appears this method is even popular with photographers : http://www.instructables.com/id/Camera-Zip-lock/

Edited by C.A.T.A