iPhone App no longer working

ohana05

Does anyone have any suggestions? I downloaded the latest update and the application now freezes. I checked on the forums last week and tried to uninstall it and reinstall it, but now the site is asking me to pay once again :D Can anyone help me out? TIA

If you are dong this from your phone... you won't have to buy it again. Just click the $9.99 (i assume you are referring to the Groundspeak app) and select BUY again. It will prompt you for your password, put the icon on your screen, then notify you that "You have already puchased this app..." blah blah blah, you can download it again for free. I have done it quite a few times for other apps.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2519

No worries.

-Doug

Doug, Thanks for the reply; I'll give it a try. I'm beginning to thing the iPhone is a little too much technology for me. I did a search, read about "jailbreaking" and a "winterboard" thingamajiggy and realized that this problem may just be out of my meager technoabilities....

Keeping my fingers crossed that it works :D

Since you mentioned your technoabilities, I have a feeling you have not jailbroken your iphone. If that's the case, ignore the whole winterboard post.

Only thing I can think of for you...

Remove the geocaching app.

Hook the phone to itunes. Let it sync and backup.

Hit the restore your iphone button.

That will reload the firmware, then you should get a prompt to restore from backup, which you should do to get everything back to normal. Then reinstall the geocaching app, and see what happens.