gps datum

Just how old are we talking here? 20-30 years? :)

I would be shocked if it didn't have WGS84 as a datum, as it is the default datum. If the GPSr has NMEA out (or allows for data in/out) then there is a darn good chance that you have missed the setting somewhere. :D

If you list the Brand/Model, i'm sure someone can help with finding the information you need. :)

mm

Hi, I have a realy old gps and was thinking of selling it to my friend but the newest datum on it is gsw73 (I think) and the newer gps's have wgs84 how can I change geocaching.com's datum to find caches to gsw73?

Simply put, I don't think you know enough about your unit. It should have wgs84. You are probably looking at wgs72. NAD83 is virtually the same as WGS84, so you can substitute that. However your unit should have all of these and more. Find the menu that takes you to settings and change your map datum to wgs84 or at least NAD83. Just poke around on your unit and you will find it. Even my very ancient unit has all of these.