Question about inputting geocaches into GPS (Garmin)

isolafamily

My family just started geocaching last week and I am still clueless in many areas. I bought a Garmin Legend Cx and really like it but I am having trouble with inputting the geocaches into it. I go to geocaching.com and use the cable to download them from the computer, but they always go into the waypoints category on my GPS. There is a geocaching category, but I can't figure out how to make them go into that....anyone know? By the way, this is our first GPS, so I'm still learning how to use it. Thanks!

Hi!!

Have you try to go to

https://my.garmin.com/geocaching/cacheList.htm

I know is not the best solution, but it will put them in place. This site only upload tradicional caches, I think is the best to start.

Good hunting!!

PS: you need to register your garmin at the site.

Yeah, I already did that, and then when I downloaded them onto my GPS they went to the waypoints folder again, not the geocache folder...agh!

My family just started geocaching last week and I am still clueless in many areas. I bought a Garmin Legend Cx and really like it but I am having trouble with inputting the geocaches into it. I go to geocaching.com and use the cable to download them from the computer, but they always go into the waypoints category on my GPS. There is a geocaching category, but I can't figure out how to make them go into that....anyone know? By the way, this is our first GPS, so I'm still learning how to use it. Thanks!

I'm sure there are better/ easier methods available, but I use EasyGPS software to load to my eTrex Venture HC. It's pretty simple to figure out. Basically, you select the geocaches and save as .loc file somewhere on your computer (you will have to save and load each page individually),

then open EasyGPS,

open the file you just saved,

and click on the send button. Of course, your GPS should be connected to the computer by now.

http://easygps.com/