Trouble loading waypoints from MapSource

catluvr

I have an Oregon 400t with a 4GB chip in it. There are five .gpx files on the on the chip along with a 1GB .img file, leaving about 2.75 GB free.

On the device itself, there are about 6 .gpx files including one called current.gpx that is about 966kb big (it's the largest). There is about 1 GB free space on the Oregon.

I'm using the 2.65 beta software.

I use MapSource with City Navigator NA NT 2009.

I have a .gdb file that has about 220 waypoints in it. These are the attractions at the Disney World Complex. Each point includes a description of the attraction in the comments section. The attractions are at four parks and also includes our hotel and a few restaurants outside the four main parks.

I want the waypoints on the Oregon.

First I just loaded on the Oregon, but I found about 3/4 of the waypoints missing ... as are most of the comments on the quarter that are there.

Then I tried saving the file as a .gpx and copied it to the Oregon (not the chip)

Again, when I go to the waypoint manager, about 3/4 of the points aren't there.

When I select a point I do have and show it on the map and then pan to another area .... I can see them on the map, but I don't get a choice to pick them off the Waypoint manager.

Any ideas? What am I doing wrong?

Susie in KS

Edited by catluvr

When I go to the waypoint manager, about 3/4 of the points aren't there. I can see them on the map, bit I don't get a choice to pick them off the Waypoint manager.

Any chance they are being searched by Find Nearest? Some garmins seem to only see waypoints within a specific radius (150M?). Try Find By Name and see if they show up then.

If that's not it then I don't know. I have no info about how successfully (if at all) the Oregon implements the SDHC spec for that big card.

Oh, maybe that's it ... when I actually GET to Florida, they'll show up .... hummm

What about the truncating of the comments? Any thoughts there ... I'm not as concerned about that ... just curious. I've used Geocaches that seemed to have pages of comments with no trouble ... but these seem to be cut off after two-three lines.