Need to copy my 60CX setup to 16 other GPS

I just received 17 GPSMap 60 CX for a school project. 10 of them will go to different schools and 7 will remain with me as a kit. Sometimes I'll use all 17 of them and I want to make sure they still have the same setup. Is there a way to save my perfect setup and copy it on another GPS whenever I need to? I don't really feel like going through all the options on every GPS.

Edited by famillegodbout

Hmmmm, may need a bit more clarification of what you mean by "setup". If you mean a common set of maps and waypoints to be loaded on each unit, yes. Simply create your mapset and waypoints in MapSource, save that file and load into each unit. You could then reload it as needed. If you mean customizing the GPSes themselves (like setting a certain screen order, level of detail to be dispayed on the maps, language, units of measure, etc.), I'm pretty sure that has to be done by hand, unit by unit. That would be a cool utility and would love to know about it if such a thing exists.

Cheers!

Yes, I did mean custumizing the differents options in the setup menu. I just couldn't see how that could be copied and I was pretty sure I would have to do them all by hand. I'll write down the different things I'll change so when I get the GPSs back from schools I can make sure they are all the same.

I knew that my maps and list of geocaches could be copied using MapSource or others. It's true my quesiton wasn't clear.

Thanks anyway.

OK, here's another idea. Contact Garmin and see if they have a utility they would share. Surely, they don't set them all up by hand. :bad: I know they have certain utilities that are not listed on the software page that they send out to fix certain problems. I used to have an eTrex Vista that would loose track of time, and infrequently jump to the year 2029. Garmin emailed me a program to manually reset the time on the GPS, but I've never been able to find this on their website. Worth a try.

Cheers,