I completed the Maryland Municipal League Trail!

Seeker_Knight

I completed the MML trail, and recieved my first trackable geocoin. I was also the first to claim a coin at the Montgomery County office! This took several days, and more than a few gallons of gas, not to mention lots of coffee! It was a great way to spend my winter vacation, as I'm new to the sport. I feel like I'm still on top of one of those mountains! :laughing:

The coin is a real nice one too. It's brite gold, with inlaid graphic of "America in Miniature" on one side, and the MML logo and "Celebrating Maryland Cities and Towns" on the reverse side. Very nice coin.

The towns I visited were all very friendly, and I had no idea there were so many of them in such a close area. It seemed one was more beautiful than the next! The website listings gave a brief history and/or description of the towns, and that made it so much more fun. Even the code words were descriptive of the towns they represented. MML - YOU ROCK! What a great job you did for us. I'd be glad and grateful to participate in any future trails/hunts you organize.

Below is a list of the towns/caches I found to qualify for my coin. I would have done more, but I ran out of vacation time, and wanted to be certain of getting one of those coins. It is a much nicer coin than I expected for being given out free to anyone meeting the qualifications. Without more of my 2 cents, here is my list:

District One

Cambridge

East New Market

District Two

Chestertown

Trappe

District Three

Baltimore Cache #1

Baltimore Cache #2

District Four

Annapolis

Chesapeake Beach

District Five

Rockville

Washington Grove

Gaithersburg

District Six

Walkersville

Frederick

District Seven

Cumberland

Frostburg

District Eight

Hagerstown

Hancock

District Nine

Bowie

Greenbelt

District Ten (Where I started)

Bel Air

Havre De Grace

Rising Sun

Aberdeen

Port Deposit

Charlestown

Northeast

Elkton

Chesapeake City

Cecilton

District Eleven

Sykesville

Mount Airy

Special thanks to all who did so much work to make this trail possible. You went above and beyond to make this fun and educational. I hope to work on some of the caches I didn't get to. Even though I got the coin, the best part was getting to see the State, and getting to know the people and history. Maryland is really a great State, with some great people! What a beautiful place, I'm proud to call Her home!

Good job. I'm finding a lot of the MML caches are places I certainly would not have visited if not for this great geotrail. I'm nowhere even close to done but I've enjoyed talking to folks that are and listening to all the stories. There are a lot of them over on the Md geocaching society webpage. www.mdgps.org

Besides great caches, there has been a lot of positive publicity that has come from this.

Again, good job. Maybe we'll see you during CAM.

Terri

Thanks for the pat on the back. Being such a newbie, I apprciate the kind words. I've met some real nice people so far, and I sure do hope to meet you at one of the events. I just need to get informed of the various things that are going on. I'm having so much fun chasing caches, that I havn't had much time to spend on research. :D

Good job. I'm finding a lot of the MML caches are places I certainly would not have visited if not for this great geotrail. I'm nowhere even close to done but I've enjoyed talking to folks that are and listening to all the stories. There are a lot of them over on the Md geocaching society webpage. www.mdgps.org

Besides great caches, there has been a lot of positive publicity that has come from this.

Again, good job. Maybe we'll see you during CAM.

Terri