Problem with Palm and MS Vista

GeoGordie

Have a new PC .. tried to load the Palm program so I can use my PDA and GSAK.

Comes back that Palm for the Tungsten E2 is not compatible with Vista IF you have dual processors,

What ??? High end machine and it won't work ???

Anyone found a work around on this?

Thanks!

GeoGordie

Comes back that Palm for the Tungsten E2 is not compatible with Vista IF you have dual processors,

Thanks!

GeoGordie

Have you gone to Palm's websiteand downloaded the latest desktop version, I had to do that when I got a new computer running Vista

Thanks!

GeoGordie

Yes, the palm software is not compatible with 64 bit Vista.

I see you have a E2, therefore you can use the SD card. Format the card in the palm, remove it a put it in your PC and then transfer files to the card. Put the files in palm>launcher. Putting the SD card back in your palm makes the files available. Do you use cachemate? Do you need to pull the cachemate files off the palm? If so you will need to visit here and get a copy of fileman. Again copy the .prc to palm>launcher on the SD card. Cachemate wants the .pdb file on the handheld so you either have to copy it manually or accept cachemates offer to copy the file for you. You need fileman because the palm has no way of copying the whateverItems-cMat.pdb that cachemate creates back to the SD card. Fileman solves this problem. If you use cachematelogging with GSAK there should be no need to copy the file any where, cachematelogging should be able to pick it up directly off the card. Also with GSAK you can uncheck the option to install on palm after conversion. Just make sure PDB file to create points to the SD card and has a unique name. Oh, and one last thing, if your in cachemate when you remove the card you will have to ask cachemate to re-scan the card before the new file is available.

Hope this helps!

Jim

Thanks!

GeoGordie

Have you gone to Palm's websiteand downloaded the latest desktop version, I had to do that when I got a new computer running Vista

Looking at the Palm web site .. they state that they do not support dual processors , which I have on the new PC ... any ideas?

thanks!

Thanks!

GeoGordie

Looking at the Palm web site .. they state that they do not support dual processors , which I have on the new PC ... any ideas?

thanks!

I guess you didn't like my suggestion. Any reason why not?

Jim