Forum Archiving Replies Instead of Showing

OregonCacher

Just like the title says, every thread I look at, the posts are not showing below the initial post of the thread. Instead, they are listed underneath it stacked showing the name of the person who replied, and a very brief showing of their post next to their name.

Is there any way to fix this so it displays all of the posts below the thread-starter so I don't have to click and open each reply?

Now that you have mastered that, I was told by a Mister E. that sometime, I don't know how soon, these forums are going to be completely different. Different software altogather. So at that point I think effectively all posts will be 'archived' I.E. any links to threads or directly to a reply within a thread or reference to a post number in a thread will probably never work. I dread the thought of the nightmares that will cause.

TPTB, please take this pre-cognition into consideration in your decision to or decision not to change.

Now that you have mastered that, I was told by a Mister E. that sometime, I don't know how soon, these forums are going to be completely different. Different software altogather. So at that point I think effectively all posts will be 'archived' I.E. any links to threads or directly to a reply within a thread or reference to a post number in a thread will probably never work. I dread the thought of the nightmares that will cause.

TPTB, please take this pre-cognition into consideration in your decision to or decision not to change.

That means we will see people ask all the same old worn-out questions again, because they "couldn't find if this was asked before".

Oh, wait. They already do. :)