3 day event.. have we missed anything

240 Jordy

:lol: We are in the middle of planning a 3 day poker run for May and want to make sure we haven't missed anything.

The concept is simple 55 teams, 55 caches, 55 decks of cards. 3 days do get as many as possible while learning the history. More information can be seen at:

www.greatcoalrush.blogspot.com

Here is what we have in place so far:

Search and rescue members taking part

Support of town

CD for each team

80 page book for each team on the history of each cache and its info

Newspaper articles being done and talking to the local cable channel about tv coverage

Author of local history books attending

Registration forms

Buttons for all

Trophies

Hall rental in case of bad weather

Maps

Kids caches

Games planned

Local numbers and hospital locations

We can't publish cache yet as it is too early but should be able to in the next few weeks.

So far we have about 80 confirmed people, and Ii am in the process putting sponsorship letters together to try for a good prize. hoping for about 200 people .. so what else do we need?

Edited by Tulameen Turtles

that sound fun I hope you guys have a fun time. I am a little new to geocaching but not to the outdoor tracking thing it new to use GPS's and not compass's. I am a Eagle Scout and I don't think you are missing anything just the people. were are you guys doing this?

that sound fun I hope you guys have a fun time. I am a little new to geocaching but not to the outdoor tracking thing it new to use GPS's and not compass's. I am a Eagle Scout and I don't think you are missing anything just the people. were are you guys doing this?

It's near Princeton, British Columbia (Canada) - We have another post that better describes it - and things are coming along - so far up to I think 120 people confirmed if we include spouses, kids etc (not all have confirmed on the cache page yet) and 2 1/2 months out and the list is growing daily of confirmations.. 1 or 2 each day it seems now..

any chanc eyou can come??