Timing for PTB's maps.

Truscott

I have a personal travel bug that I carry with me. What is the best way to log it into each cache (and retreive it?) so that it shows that actual path we (me and my bug) took?. What I mean is this....I will log in some cache finds (in the order that I found them), dip and retreive my PTB (I do the dip and retrieve for each cache find before I log the next cache) but sometimes (alot of the time) when I look at the map or even my account, the caches are not in the order that I logged them. (Which messes up the map showing how my PTB travelled!) There was even an instance last Spring....I live in West Texas and went camping in New Mexico. I cached and dipped my PTB....when I got home, I did all the logs. There was one cache (I can't remember which one, but I could go back and look it up), southeast of Albuquerque, I dipped my PTB, etc, then moved to the next cache (around 25 or 30 miles ). After I did all the logs, the map of my PTB show my PTB going into this cache (SE of Alb) then going back home (to Texas) THEN going to the next cahe I found on my trip....so instead of 20 or 30 miles of travel, it showed about 600 miles of travel?

This would require a lot of work, but would it work if I went back (with a new PTB) did the log and dip for each cache I've found but LOGGED OUT of my account between each dip? (I don't really want to do that, but I would like to see the map show an accurate path)???

Thanks,

Truscott