Food & Other Stops

Shadowraven

So everytime we come across a Starbucks we log it in our GPS. We are frap addicts and they keep us awake on longer drives after visiting family in San Diego or coming home from Yosemite. Is there a place on these forums somewhere where people have logged food stop and other point of interest coordinates? Or maybe another website on the net? I tried searching this forum but it kept timing out. I'd be happy to share mine if anybody's interested. We travel immensely using the 15/215 between Antelope Valley and San Diego and have logged a couple places on our two trips from AV to Yosemite.

So everytime we come across a Starbucks we log it in our GPS. We are frap addicts and they keep us awake on longer drives after visiting family in San Diego or coming home from Yosemite. Is there a place on these forums somewhere where people have logged food stop and other point of interest coordinates? Or maybe another website on the net? I tried searching this forum but it kept timing out. I'd be happy to share mine if anybody's interested. We travel immensely using the 15/215 between Antelope Valley and San Diego and have logged a couple places on our two trips from AV to Yosemite.

Try this website:

http://www.poi-factory.com/

Wow, that Waymarking is really cool! I'll have to really browse through that website. Is there a "map it" feature similar to the one on geocaching? This way we can set up stops for trips along certain freeways and stuff. I looked around but didn't see anything at first sight.

The POI Factory is cool too, I like how it's all laid out. But is it more designed for people with navigation systems in their vehicle? We have a Magellen GPS and most of the packets I saw were for TomToms or Garmins.

Wow, that Waymarking is really cool! I'll have to really browse through that website. Is there a "map it" feature similar to the one on geocaching? This way we can set up stops for trips along certain freeways and stuff. I looked around but didn't see anything at first sight.

The POI Factory is cool too, I like how it's all laid out. But is it more designed for people with navigation systems in their vehicle? We have a Magellen GPS and most of the packets I saw were for TomToms or Garmins.

The csv files they use on their site are just text files, you can load them into a word processor, and there is also some utilities that will convert the files to other formats. they also use GPX files on their site.