Ongoing searching in Orlando

PerryRT

Folks - I work in the SE part of Orlando (just north of MCO.)

Most of the locals probably know this already, but since Orlando gets a few tourists from time to time (I still wish someone would tell me why... ;)) I thought I would put this out as a bit of a public service announcement.

There is continuing police activity in the area near the corner of Chickasaw Trail and Suburban Drive and in the wooded area to the SE of that corner.

This is due to continuing forensic work/collection in the Caylee Anthony case - which I'm not going to get into (way off topic) other than to say you can get info from the Sheriff's Office here.

Now, according to Google maps, there are no caches exactly in that area.... but there are "puzzle" caches out there, a couple down the street, in the next development over, I don't know exactly how far out they're looking, etc. etc.

The point is that if your plans for the next couple of weeks include caching in that area....be veddy veddy careful to stay clear of official-looking activity. You could wind up in jail.

Or worse, on the Nancy Grace show.

There is continuing police activity in the area near the corner of Chickasaw Trail and Suburban Drive and in the wooded area to the SE of that corner.

Sadly, that's even more true now (they announced that they had positively ID'ed the remains as Caylee Anthony as of this afternoon.)