Garmin Oregon Map Routing Question

rcolter

I have the Oregon 400t and have noticed a change in the street map routing screen. The map used to have a closer in view of the street and the street was bigger. When I would touch the screen, it would go to the pinpoint screen and I would get a zoomed out view of the area I was in. Now, when I touch the screen, it does not zoom out (because it is already zoomed out) and the pin appears. Zooming in does not make the street larger.

On a side note, this has just happened in the past week and to make matters even more weird, my friend who also has the same unit noticed the "event" on the same day as I. Am I missing something. Is there a problem and has anyone else noticed this. I truly believe that the routing screen was more like the Nuvi with a larger street and now it appears very tiny. Help!

Is your Orientation (Setup>Map>Orientation) setting still set to Automotive?

Did you upgrade to 2.8 recently? I noticed yesterday that this setting was changed in my automotive profile after upgrading.

I noticed the same here after the 2.8 upgrade. For g-o-cachers. WAAS still sucks. ;)