Oregon and Colorado for Street Navigation

beauxp

Couple of questions for you guys that use either of these for Street Navigation.

I have been a 60csx user and change got a Oregon 300.

One of the features I liked about the 60csx was when street navigating the unit would preview the coming turn before you reached the intersedtion regardless of if you were on the map screen or the compass screen, or whatever screen. Will the Colorado units do this?

Will the Colorado also give you the option to set the screen to track up when under a certain level like 800 feet. Meaning that zoomed out further than this it is north up and under it is track up.

Couple of questions for you guys that use either of these for Street Navigation.

I have been a 60csx user and change got a Oregon 300.

One of the features I liked about the 60csx was when street navigating the unit would preview the coming turn before you reached the intersedtion regardless of if you were on the map screen or the compass screen, or whatever screen. Will the Colorado units do this?

No.

Will the Colorado also give you the option to set the screen to track up when under a certain level like 800 feet. Meaning that zoomed out further than this it is north up and under it is track up.

In track up mode the unit will eventually switch over to north up around the 12 or 20 mi zoom level but there is no way to configure the zoom level at which the transition happens like the 60csx.

Both of these have been on the issues list since since the Colorado was released and aren't fixed on the Oregon so I wouldn't hold out much hope for seeing them fixed.

GO$R

Thanks GO$R. That was what I was afraid of.

I am seriously thinking about sending my Oregon back and getting anoter 60csx.

The touch screen and shaded relief are nice on the Oregon but those seem to be the only pluses.

Very dissapointed in Garmin right now.