Are micros an excuse for a cache?

bigdogsrule

I confess. I LOVE micros because they offer a challenge and add a lot of excitement to the game. I mean, anyone can toss a 4x4 under a pile of sticks that you spot from 50 feet away. I mean, what fun is there in that?

Getting there?

Sometimes, yes, but sometimes no. For many caches you pull up to a trailhead, walk a short distance on a trail without any view and then find the container in the obvious spot. There's not much creativity in that either.

I drove around for a couple of hours looking for some caches that were of unknown size, and all ended up being micros with zero interest and I was somewhat (!) annoyed.

With the exception of only a handful of caches, every "unknown" cache size we've found is a micro. Figure every unknown is a micro, and you're going to be right most of the time.

I'm just the sort of cacher who likes the location and the cleverness of the hide...

At StarBrand said, it's not really the size of the container that's the issue, but the location that caches are placed. With micros, because they're so small, they're much more easily placed at less than scenic spots, but a lot of regulars can be placed at placed that aren't very exciting too.

With micros, because they're so small, they're much more easily placed at less than scenic spots...

You've think that it would be just the opposite. You find a nice scenic location, but you can't find a decent spot to hide a regular-sized cache. You keep searching and you can't find a decent spot to hide even a small-sized cache. You'd think that ground zero at a scenic location is where you'd find most micros so the seeker wouldn't have to leave the area to find a larger one.

...but why am I finding micros in some of most un-scenic locations?