New GPS

tomwilson74

Thinking about getting a new gps. I have a Magellan explorist 200 and like it fine but it has no data card capability. I have been looking at garmin and magellan gps units that can use the sd card for map expansion. Anyone have a Garmin or Magellan that has the card capability? Any likes or dis-likes about either? I am getting the feeling since researching both that Magellan is not real popular. I really like mine but will sell to help fund the new one.

The Garmin eTrex Legend HCx and Summit HCx can both use a MicroSD card to expand the memory for maps. I have a Legend HCx myself, but because I want to go paperless, I'm going to be getting a DeLorme PN-40 sooner or later (hopefully sooner!). I had a PN-20 for a little while, and I really liked that unit, so I sold it so I could put that money towards a -40. I've been out with the Garmin again since I sold the -20, and I'll tell you what, I sure did miss the paperless aspect of the DeLorme!

Anyways, there are many other handhelds that can use memory cards to expand their memory, go poke around www.garmin.com , I know the Colorado and Oregon can, and there are several other ones, too, I just don't know which ones exactly.