Paperless Caching for me an improvement

drdick&vick

Managed to pick up a Mio 588 PDA with the GPS attachment, spare battery and all the leads I need, for a very reasonable price.

First job was to get Memory Map working on it. Done

Load Multi Calc on it. Done

Now how to get all the cache notes and logs on it without resorting to any new software so played with my Geocache Log package and used the Text File creation and copied them over. Easy

Transfered all the cache waypoints over from Memory Map, after 'locking' them in place, onto the PDA. Easy

How to link the icon on the map to the list of text files. Easy, email the man at Geocache Log.

He came back within 2 hours with a test version for me to try and now I can enter the directory, on the PDA where I have the text files, at the time of creation and the link is there when I transfer the data over from Memory Map to the PDA.

Magic now totally paperless caching for me and no new software to get used to all done by virtue of the very helpful man at NoFrills Dbs.

All I need to take now is the GPS and PDA and away caching we go. :laughing

Now to work out how to connect it to the mobile bu Bluetooth and be able to access the net whils out and about. But that can wait.

Edited by DrDick&Vick