HTc Touch phone as a GPSr

I've just done a ROM upgrade on my HTC Touch phone and now the internal GPSr is active. I'm going to try and compare how it works against my X500 this weekend. From what I can see it's fairly accurate but eats the battery pretty quickly (less than 2 hours constant use). Thank god for car chargers lol!!

I look forward to seeing how it goes for you. I'm looking to get a Touch Pro in a month or two if it doesn't look like Sprint has an Android based phone in the immediate future.

I've just done a ROM upgrade on my HTC Touch phone and now the internal GPSr is active. I'm going to try and compare how it works against my X500 this weekend. From what I can see it's fairly accurate but eats the battery pretty quickly (less than 2 hours constant use). Thank god for car chargers lol!!

I look forward to seeing how it goes for you. I'm looking to get a Touch Pro in a month or two if it doesn't look like Sprint has an Android based phone in the immediate future.

I'm going to try Vito Soft's Navigator II on the cache. It looks like a nice inexpensive caching program. We'll use the map on the 500 and triangulate to see who gets it first hehe.

Edited by CipparroneClan

Tried a cache with my son using the Mag500 and me using the Touch, he was showing 5' distance from cache, I was walking behind him and showed 13' to gz. So it looks like I've got a "fairly" accurate second gps in my mobile now. Nice thing is I can refer back to gpxsonar as needed to correct my course.

Edited by CipparroneClan

CACHEMATE also works on the TOUCH as well with CACHENAV (I think thats the correct name). I already had the lic for my palm so I put it on. I have used a few times, out in the open it work ok, downtwon Toronto it was all over the place but then again my Garmin does the same... just not as bad.

Not a replacement but a good subsitute when out and a FTF is on the line.