No Name on Labels in MapSource

I updated to 6.14.1 because the find nearest places feature was crashing Mapsource everytime. That started when I loaded CN 2009 Update NT. That problem solved but now when I open a GDB file made by GSAK the labels do not display. Each waypoint is set to display "Icon and Name." So what happened.

Welcome to a bug in Mapsource, or at least I think it is. It doesn't matter whether its from GSAK or hand entered, the name will not show in 6.14.1 regardless of what you do. One of those inadvertent features that get added when programmers don't test everything I think.

JD

Well after finally getting through to tech support it turns out it is not a bug but a planned (although not wisely) change. The latest version is not an update but a ground up rewrite and they were left out intentionally. They are working fast to change it but not for us. It turns out that this feature is also the code that shows the depth on the blue chart water maps. So now those are useless in this version. I back loaded to 6.13.7 and all is well. Although I do miss the look of the new version, it was pretty nice.