Background Image on Cache Page in Blackberry Browser

ryetronics

I use my Blackberry Curve 8330 for paperless caching, and almost always prefer to use the default Blackberry browser rather than Opera Mini or any others. However, any cache page that has a background image will bleed in with the text, making it very difficult to read.

On a normal computer browser, a white box is shown over the background image so the text can be read, but that is missing on the mobile version.

Is this an issue with the Blackberry browser, or is it something that can be fixed on the website itself?

I have the exact same problem. It seems to be an issue with the blackberry itself. I have resorted to using the selection tool to highlight the text to make the contrast show up better so I can read it. Another option is there is a utility that you can buy (30 day free trial then it's $15 I think) called Cache Berry. It loads GPX files from pocket querries you create on GC.com. It's pretty cool, I've gone totoally paperless since getting this utility. You have to be a premium mamber in order to use the pocket querry function.

Hope this helps.

I use my Blackberry Curve 8330 for paperless caching, and almost always prefer to use the default Blackberry browser rather than Opera Mini or any others. However, any cache page that has a background image will bleed in with the text, making it very difficult to read.

On a normal computer browser, a white box is shown over the background image so the text can be read, but that is missing on the mobile version.

Is this an issue with the Blackberry browser, or is it something that can be fixed on the website itself?

I have the same issue with the Palm Treo 750 running windows mobile 6 and IE browser.

I have the exact same problem. It seems to be an issue with the blackberry itself. I have resorted to using the selection tool to highlight the text to make the contrast show up better so I can read it. Another option is there is a utility that you can buy (30 day free trial then it's $15 I think) called Cache Berry. It loads GPX files from pocket querries you create on GC.com. It's pretty cool, I've gone totoally paperless since getting this utility. You have to be a premium mamber in order to use the pocket querry function.

Hope this helps.

I also use CacheBerry. In addition to being able to load GPX files from pocket queries, you can load the cache page in the BB browser and select the button for the "GPX File". CacheBerry will then import the information from that one cache in its database. Great for refreshing information to the latest/greatest or to get more than the 4/5 (I don't remember which) logs that come in the PQ. It's also useful for adding a new cache (such as when you get an email alert out on the road).

I have the Pearl 8100 (we're old school) and used to have this same problem. Here's what I did to fix it.

Opened my browser -> options -> browser configurations -> uncheck the Use Background Images box.

I'm not sure if this is what you're talking about, but it worked for me. YMMV.

That fixed it! Thank you!

I have the Pearl 8100 (we're old school) and used to have this same problem. Here's what I did to fix it.

Opened my browser -> options -> browser configurations -> uncheck the Use Background Images box.

I'm not sure if this is what you're talking about, but it worked for me. YMMV.

That fixed it! Thank you!

No sweat. I'm glad I could help out.