City Navigator North America 2009 Update DVD

I recently ordered and received a MapSource Update DVD (City Navigator North America 2009 [NOT NT]) and went through the installation wizard to get it onto my Garmin 60CSx (with a 2GB SanDisk card) that I'd loaded with City Navigator North Ammerica 2008 [NOT NT] soon after purchase.

When trying to load the update via the wizard, I get the following error message:

"There is insufficient space opn the unit. Please remove any supplemental maps to allow image installation to complete. The installation will now exit."

The only mapping software I have is the City Navigator North America 2008 so, what am I doing wrong?

How do I get my 2008 map updated to 2009? Is there a method that bypasses the installation wizard?

I had no problems updating my Nuvi 350 with another 2009 DVD which, of course, was the NT version needed for that unit.

Any help greatly appreciated. I seem to remember that I had similar problems with my installation because I could not get the DVD to download to the memory card but, I could be wrong there.

You need to update the maps in your MapSource, and then after they are in MapSource, go through the process of selecting the map tiles that you want to load, then send the new maps from MapSource to the microSD card.

Thanks for the response ...

As an ignorant software user ... what would be the steps that I would have to follow in order to do that?

OK ... I think I've got it figured out!

In the Garmin menu under Start>Programs, go to MapSource and update it from the update disk. You have to purchase an unlock code though via the UnlockWizard. Then ... do MapInstall and you select all the areas (not tiles) that you want to install.

It would REALLY be nice if they had an option for "Install All Available" instead of having to zoom in and out and left and right and up and down to make sure you have all areas selected ... especially for New England areas, and major cities like New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Miami, Los Angeles, Dallas, etc. where you have to zoom in to get all the tiny little images that just compose the city.

Currently downloading to the card on the GPS ... says it'll take about an hour and a half :unsure: